Call 843-805-6956 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local history or genealogy research queries
The following fees will be charged for staff research regarding local history or genealogy questions:
- Charges for inquiries for non-Charleston County residents are 50 cents per page plus a $5 service fee per question.
- Charges for inquiries for Charleston County residents are 10 cents per page for black and white documents and 25 cents per page for color documents plus $1 for postage, if items are mailed to the requestor.
- Please do not send money or pay in advance. The research will be completed and the requestor will be sent a bill if the work does not exceed a total of $25 for all copy charges, service fees, and postage. If staff anticipates the total fee will exceed $25, an estimate will be sent to the requestor to get permission to proceed before the research is done.
- Copy fees apply whether the documents are delivered electronically by email or sent by mail.
- SC History Room staff will respond as soon as possible. If you have not received a reply within two weeks, please contact us.
For more information, please see our research request guidelines.